Skip to main content

SAMSUNG AND BEAM CONNECTION PROBLEM

• 1 November 2023
  • 37 replies

I hope you can help.  I have my Sonos Beam (gen 2) hooked up to my Samsung TV. 

It has been working great for many months until now every time I turn off my TV and put it back on later the Sonos does not work and only the TV sound works. If I unplug the Sonos and plug it back in when the TV is on, it will find it and start working until I turn it off the tv again.

What can I do? I called Sonos and they told me to call Samsung. No one can help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

37 replies

Same issues with beam and sub woofer disconnecting constantly.  Sonos technical people stated they know the issue and working on a solution.  They don’t’ know when the fix will be.  Very frustrating!

It’s odd that this isn’t happening across all users. 

Badge

True, I am not sure why all users don’t have the same problem. I tried everything. Nothing works. It worked great for 3 days then I put the TV on and I lost SONOS again. 

Did you call Sonos Support directly to discuss it? 

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Badge

Yes and after doing everything they said to do they said to call Samsung. Samsung said to call Sonos. 

I’m sure Samsung wanted to deny the issue, and likely suggested you purchase one of their own soundbars as well. It still makes me wonder though, why it works properly with every other TV manufacturer, but not on specific Samsung devices. Seems odd, to me. As far as I know, Sonos works to the CEC specifications, which is why it works everywhere else. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

In early December for a few weeks I went from intermittent disconnecting issues with my sonos beam to no issues at all. Since Christmas all of a sudden my sonos beam is now disconnecting on an almost daily basis. My setup has not changed at all. Really frustrating and disappointing but typical how sonos and Samsung are pointing the finger at the other party.

Badge

Quick question for everyone having this problem. Do you have other items attached to your HDMI ports like a Firestick? I’m wondering if that has something to do with it.  Does anyone sill have the problem and have nothing in the other ports?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@FIELD VISION I have nothing else plugged into my HDMI ports.

Same issue for me with Beam 2 + Sub Mini + 2xOne SL + TV 65S95C

After three months trying to get both Sonos and Samsung to give me some kind of solution, I'm more than fed up, so the only solution I have left will probably be to change the brand of both the TV and the sound system, and never trust them again. 

I have contacted Sonos service, very good words but no solutions... 

Same challenge .. Samsung Frame 65” to Beam 2 .. sound drops regularly every hour or so but comes back on its own after minutes. A local HT installer told me to try hooking up Beam with optical. It works, draw back is sound is not as good in my opinion. Waiting for Sonos/Samsung to correct this.

The only difference between an HDMI ARC and an optical connection would be the loss of Dolby Atmos. The Dolby Digital signal would be exactly the same.