Skip to main content

I have an ARC, Sub Gen3, and two SONOS 1s as surrounds. I just purchased two ERA 300s to replace the Sonos 1s. I am not able to release / disconnect the current surrounds and thus can't replace them and use  300s as surrounds.

The S2 Application trys but fails with the message:

There was a problem removing your surrounds. 
    Check the network connection and make sure your
    products are powered on.

The current configuration works and in the past I was able to reconfigure/remove/replace surrounds and Sub.  None of that's working now. I tried unplugging everything including other speakers and the router and adding only the ARC, SUB and surrounds. I tried the app on multiple phones, a laptop and the web interface. No luck. 

I like the ERA300s and would like to connect them to the ARC but I'm stuck.

I'm having the same problem.  I want the era 300 as rears . When I go to add surrounds it finds my sonos ones even though I've removed them. Currently I've set them to stereo which do sound great. I've been at it for days please let me know if you find the solution.  Thanks

It was a lot of trial and error, repeat and start over so I’m not exactly sure what sequence did the trick and what was just hand-waving. 

For the SONOS 1s that I wanted to disconnect I unplugged, waited, replugged while holding down the buttons. There was different timing to do different actions but I just held them down for 30 seconds after plugging back into power. I also removed them from S2 as individual speakers, poking at different menus until I was able to remove them from S2. I removed them from the ARC group and I was left withe my ARC and Sub. At that point I could add the ERA300s. 

I did everything short of rebuilding the entire SONOS system - I have speakers all over the house and I really didn’t want to do a complete rebuild. I also turned off the router and all speakers, disabled all network connections, restarted the router and brought speakers back up one at a time. I also connected the ARC to a wired ethernet connection, which may have been key. 

As I said, it was a lot of trial and error and I can’t say which helped. I did notice that some of the other S2 problems cleared up - speakers changing volume, disappearing and reappearing and so forth. 

My takeaways was a real sour taste with SONOS support. I have been loyal and worked through many issues in the past. But being asked to wait 70 minutes on hold or to schedule a call two weeks out was just unexcusable. 

Today, I’m back up and running but there are still glitches. I ended up being less impressed with the ERA300s as surrounds but I love them as ATMOS speakers so they’re in my office and the ARC is back to using SONOS1s as rears. 

Not sure that helps but the problem was solved so there’s hope for you. Good luck. 

Thanks I'll keep the 300s in stereo and leave the ones in surround.  Sonos really need to sort this. It's so frustrating. Thanks for replying