Skip to main content

I have set up my Beam with my Samsung tv and everything works perfectly except one thing! 

I have connected the Beam to the tv with HDMI arc and, as mentioned the tv sound comes through the soundbar perfectly. I also can control volume with my TV remote control. 

My problem is that after I turn the TV off and come back to it the next day and turn it back on to he TV reverts to using its own speakers. If I power off the Beam and then back on it reconnects and all is fine again, I don’t want to have to turn the Beam off and on every time though.

Have I missed something simple??

Which model TV? Is there an option to turn OFF the TV’s own speakers?

Do you have the Beam set to TV Autoconnect?

TV Autoplay is selected in the app. I don’t see an option called “auto connect”

Sorry - I meant Autoplay. Try toggling it off and then on again. 

The tv automatically selects the “receiver” output for sound when the Beam is turned on. It seems to forget and reverts to its own speakers. 

Am trying toggling of and on and will report back. If I just turn the tv off and back on it is still connected. It only seems to disconnect if tv has been off for an extended period of time (eg. Overnight)

It is a Samsung tv from about 2013/14. One of their early smart TVs

Check the TV for software updates, then reboot the TV by unplugging it from the wall for two minutes. 

The TV is failing to reconnect CEC clients, for some reason. It isn’t, unfortunately, something that can be fixed from the Sonos side of things. 

then reboot the TV by unplugging it from the wall for two minutes. 

The “two minutes” (or more) is important because these TV’s store enough energy to keep the electronics ‘live’ for a while. If power is restored before this stored energy runs out, the set will effectively not reboot.

And frankly, as buzz suggests, two minutes may not be enough, depending on the TV and the capacitors inside… but it’s probably a safe bet. If it were me, I’d figure out something else to do, like load the dishwasher while the TV a a unplugged, and give it a good ten minutes. But I’m paranoid  

It all depends on the TV.