Skip to main content

My system is:

Sony Bravia 4K VH21 TV (model is XR-55A95K)

SONOS Amp (attached via eARC to the TV)

2 SONOS Move speakers (the speakers are the 1 and not the newer MOVE2)

The audio usually (but not always) connects regularly and promptly.

However, I regularly have trouble (almost always) getting audio thru TV system - often times even though the app shows speakers connected. 

Internet connection (although in an adjacent room) is strong and I have tried many trouble shooting techniques, eg:

• restarting modem and router
  • resetting Move speakers back to factory settings and re-connecting to system
  • etc.

Eventually, I can usually get the TV audio to work thru the system, but it takes time and is extremely frustrating.

Any advice or help would be most welcome and appreciated.

Thx!

Have you checked for updates from Sony for the TV set? I’d also be tempted to reboot the TV, by unplugging it from the wall for two minutes, then plugging it back in. 

Based on your comments, and efforts tried, it seems like you’re working the issue from the end, without assuring the TV set is correctly connecting to the speaker via CEC (HDMI ARC). However, I’m guessing. I’d suggest that if this doesn’t ’fix it’, you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Have you checked for updates from Sony for the TV set? I’d also be tempted to reboot the TV, by unplugging it from the wall for two minutes, then plugging it back in. 

Based on your comments, and efforts tried, it seems like you’re working the issue from the end, without assuring the TV set is correctly connecting to the speaker via CEC (HDMI ARC). However, I’m guessing. I’d suggest that if this doesn’t ’fix it’, you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Thx for reply! Will try your suggestions.

Worth a shot ;)