Skip to main content
Answered

Recommendations about the settings on Beam gen 2+Symfonisk+Sub Mini

• 6 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello there, I have been using the beam gen 2, later on added the symfonisk picture frame around 2 meters behind me for a better surround sound and yesterday I got the sub mini but I'm confused as to what the recommended settings for all of them together would be in my case. I mainly use them for metal/rock music (and movies of course) as I have it connected on my desktop pc so I'm standing right in front of the beam. "Sadly", I use android and so does every person in my circle so I can't calibrate the speakers with trueplay. The room where the speakers are, is medium sized. Also, does the positioning of the sub mini matter? I have it pretty close to the beam and have them both paired together instead of the symfonisk. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @alexismichalo, welcome to the Sonos Community!

If you’re talking about the EQ settings in the Sonos app, there aren’t any recommended changes we would suggest you make as it’s mostly down to personal preference. Also, as you have it connected to a desktop PC, the recommended TV settings wont do you any good here.

The placement of the Sub Mini, and all products in the room/system, does matter. I would recommend moving the Sub Mini to different locations around the room to see what sounds best for you. 

My reply will put this thread to the top of the category, so other users may chime in with suggestions of their own.

I hope this helps!