Skip to main content
Answered

ray + 2 100era + mini sub

• 10 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi, I connect 2 100era and mini sub to Ray and everything is working perfectly but if it’s connected that way I can’t control volume individually to get perfect sound where I’m sitting  

i understand if I connect them individually I’m able to control volume on all 4 and I have filing that music is coming from everywhere (full room filing or whatever is called) but I don’t get filing like surround system 

can I make 1 group surround systems and one group to connect them separately 

basically if I want surround system I have to add everytime  all my era100 + mini sub to Ray and then later when I want to play music from all 4 of them I have to disconnect them from group to be able to control volume individually 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

There is no quick and easy way to disconnect/reconnect any surround speakers from their home theatre controller. 
It’s a feature that is often asked for but not something Sonos is providing. (Yet????)

Nik9669 thanks for clearing that out for me.. I thought it’s like you said but I wanted someone who know more than me to confirm it.. thanks again 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Nik9669 thanks for clearing that out for me.. I thought it’s like you said but I wanted someone who know more than me to confirm it.. thanks again 

No problem; maybe one day… Sonos: any comment?

I wouldn’t expect any. It’s been explained many times by knowledgeable forum members that the nature of the two different connection types (Parent/child versus Peer) isn’t easy to change, and requires some additional setup time which is normally done at speaker setup, so an ‘easy’ switch seems unlikely. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I wouldn’t expect any. It’s been explained many times by knowledgeable forum members that the nature of the two different connection types (Parent/child versus Peer) isn’t easy to change, and requires some additional setup time which is normally done at speaker setup, so an ‘easy’ switch seems unlikely. 

Agreed, but “This action will take several minutes. Do you wish to proceed?” would address the time issue.