Answered

Projector recommendations for Sonos arc

• 5 December 2022
  • 1 reply

Recently purchased the sonos arc - disappointed to find out i need to purchase multiple gadgets to make the arc work with my xaomi projector, and run a long cable.

So now I'm thinking to upgrade projector. Does anyone have recommendations for projectors with 

eArc connection (to avoid the extra hdmi matrix)

Upward projector (to avoid the long cable)

Android OS preferable 

Does this even exist? Really grateful for any advice

icon

Best answer by Corry P 6 December 2022, 11:21

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Chele 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Historically, projectors haven’t provided ARC. Combine this with their required location, and they did not make good companions to sound-bars. Things are now changing for the better.

I can’t recommend any specific projectors, but what you’re looking for is called a short-throw projector. I did a quick search for “short throw projector earc android” and while I didn’t see any that mentioned both Android and eARC (in their product titles), I’m sure I would have found a few if I looked at each product’s details - I see no reason why you wouldn’t be able to find a few examples to compare. Or, there’s a huge gap in the market!

I can tell you that laser-bases projectors are better than lamp-based ones, in general (though there may be extreme examples where this isn’t the case).

The other community members are free to recommend, of course.

I hope this helps.