Problem setting up CEC with arcana + projector + chromecast

• 13 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi all,

Just bought a Sonos arc and I’m having a bit of trouble setting up a TV. My current set up is an HDFury Arcana that has a Chromecast plugged into it and then one output going into my projector and one arc output going into the Sonos Arc. 

Things I’ve tried:
> unplugging everything
> checking the arcana module about CEC problems
> don’t have a CEC TV to set it up with
> skipped through the TV set up in sonos

Please advise, absolutely stumped on how to use a Sonos Arc in this setup!

3 replies

Userlevel 7

If you have a brand new Sonos Arc, you must set it up on a TV with CEC first before you are able to use it with the Arcana and a projector without CEC. If you don’t have a TV with CEC, take the Arc to friend or family member’s house with a TV with CEC and set up the Arc.

If you have a brand new Sonos Arc, you must set it up on a TV with CEC first before you are able to use it with the Arcana and a projector without CEC. If you don’t have a TV with CEC, take the Arc to friend or family member’s house with a TV with CEC and set up the Arc.

Ah the issue is u don't have any friends in the city I'm in, would have to commute for an hour + on the subway/bus. Is there no other work around? Strange that it functions fine after setting up w a TV 

Userlevel 7

If the projector doesn’t have CEC, there is no other workaround. Do you have access to a TV anywhere, like your workplace or neighbor or even an electronics store?