Problem LG 47LA7909 with Beam

• 25 December 2020
  • 10 replies

I have a LG 47LA7909 TV and a Beam with two Play:1 for Stereo Sound.

In the App you should be able to set up the TV for the Sonos System by plugging in the HDMI cable to the ARC port in the TV.

Sound is already playing after I activated Simplink on my TV but I cannot control the TV with the app, nor the volume with the TV remote, due to this set up error in the App.

It says that no HDMI ARC connections can be detected.

Reseting the TV hasn't worked either

Any ideas for a solution?

Thanks in advance!

Markus

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

In the App you should be able to set up the TV for the Sonos System by plugging in the HDMI cable to the ARC port in the TV.

Sound is already playing after I activated Simplink on my TV but I cannot control the TV with the app, nor the volume with the TV remote, due to this set up error in the App.

Thanks in advance!

Markus

Goto the Beam’s Room Name in the Sonos App under “Settings/System” and select remote control setup and follow the onscreen instructions.

Thanks in advance!

Markus

Goto the Beam’s Room Name in the Sonos App under “Settings/System” and select remote control setup and follow the onscreen instructions.

This doesn't work as the LG Magic Remote Control is not directly compatible with the Beam as it doesn't use Infra Red waves. I have to get the TV set up done first.

See if this Sonos Support link assists…

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3479

This just works when the Beam is plugged in with a optical cable but I don't get a audio signal with the optical cable. 

But the sound with HDMI works.

This just works when the Beam is plugged in with a optical cable but I don't get a audio signal with the optical cable. 

But the sound with HDMI works.

If it works with optical it will also work for HDMI too - they’ve just used the optical port as an example (simply choose your Hdmi-arc Port in the LG device connector)  - try both Sonos and Philips as manufacturers in the LG connector - starting with Sonos. If I remember correctly it’s under bluetooth and soundbar connector category for the universal remote.

Once you’ve set it up, don’t forget to then return to the infrared remote control setup in the Sonos App to complete the process. That’s after the LG device connector Settings have been put in place using ‘Sonos’ or ‘Philips’ as the manufacturer.. you may have to type in the manufacturers name to search for it in the LG connector.

Once you’ve set it up, don’t forget to then return to the infrared remote control setup in the Sonos App to complete the process. That’s after the LG device connector Settings have been put in place using ‘Sonos’ or ‘Philips’ as the manufacturer.. you may have to type in the manufacturers name to search for it in the LG connector.

Thanks a lot I'll try that out. Unfortunately another problem just appeared. 

When I listen to Spotify and then turn on the TV there's no audio. I have to manually activate it in the TV settings again. Any solution that this works automatically? 

Thanks

Yes, if you want the music to keep playing, rather than switch to TV when you power it on, then turn off “TV Autoplay” in the Beams ‘room’ settings - there’s also a toggle option to leave rooms grouped or ungrouped when you switch on the TV audio too.

Yes, if you want the music to keep playing, rather than switch to TV when you power it on, then turn off “TV Autoplay” in the Beams ‘room’ settings - there’s also a toggle option to leave rooms grouped or ungrouped when you switch on the TV audio too.

No the TV sound doesn't even start at all after I listened to music

There are several ways to do that whilst the TV is On. You can choose from the following (not an exhaustive list):

1. Select ‘TV icon’ in browse tab in Sonos App whilst the Beam is in focus [showing on Now Playing Screen]  or
  2. Select ‘volume up’ using the TV remote (when you have set it up) or 
  3. If using Alexa voice assistant, just say ..."Set mode to TV on [Sonos Room Name]”.