Skip to main content

Hello,

I got yesterday my new sub mini and wanted to integrate it in my existing home theater setting consisting in a Playbase and 2 One SL.

After setting up the sub mini to my WiFi, it downloaded an new firmware but when i tried to integrate it via the Sonos app in my exisiting setting i got an error message, when i retried it, the picture showed now 2 sub minis in my system but i still got the same error message. When i play music, the sub is not working.

What can I do?

Thanks for your feedback

Best regards,

Marc

What error message?

What error message?

That the sub-mini could not be integrated to the home theater setting consisting in the Playbase and the two ONE SL.

Best regards

Since the mini hasn’t been officially released yet, I doubt too many people have had a chance to setup, possibly get the same error message, and have found a solution.  Probably best to contact Sonos support for this case.

Hello all,

I did yesterday a complete reset of all my Sonos devices and after that it worked fine. Took me though 1 hour…

Best regards

Very disappointed with the long awaited sub!

Went through set up, attached to system, wifi etc, then when i tried to link to Beam, it says error, check sub is connected and has power. All very frustrating. Sonos tech support brushed me off telling me it was my Rukus wifi (even though other beams in the house work fine & i’ve never had an issue).

The sub showed up on my system for a short while, then changed to a question mark, then disappeared altogether. It’s just not staying connected to the system & falling down.

Tried factory resets, resetting router, connecting ethernet to router. All failed & not a sound out of the sub!! 

I have tried everything including a SONOS approved engineer (who said they had never seen this issue before) & cannot get my sub to link. I am sending it back & exchanging asking for another one to try (hoping its a faulty wireless card in the speaker). If that fails, refund & give up, all VERY disappointing. 😖

Can we assume you’ve read this FAQ?

I have but it means nothing to a person trying to sep up a simple wireless speaker. 

I have but it means nothing to a person trying to sep up a simple wireless speaker. 

Keeping things simple. Did you try the SonosNet suggestion, even just as a temporary measure, by wiring one of your Sonos devices (such as the Amp, or Beam) to the router, to see if that solved the issue?

hi Ken. I tried the sub into the router but that didn't work. Even if that did work, the room with the TV and Beam don't have a hard cable to connect to the internet & i can’t get a cable there. The Beam is hard wired by HDMI to the TV (i’m only trying to get the sub connected to that), so i’m not trying to stream to the beam wirelessly. Thanks  

hi Ken. I tried the sub into the router but that didn't work. Even if that did work, the room with the TV and Beam don't have a hard cable to connect to the internet & i can’t get a cable there. The Beam is hard wired by HDMI to the TV (i’m only trying to get the sub connected to that), so i’m not trying to stream to the beam wirelessly. Thanks  

How about your Amp can, you not wire that, just temporarily, to the router to see if that works? - note when you do, it’s sometimes helpful to reboot the setup to ensure it switches over to the SonosNet signal, but you can check this, as devices will show as WM:0 in the ‘About My System’ area of the Sonos App rather than WM:1 when they are using the SonosNet signal. I just think it’s worth a try.

Went through set up, attached to system, wifi etc, then when i tried to link to Beam, it says error, check sub is connected and has power. All very frustrating. Sonos tech support brushed me off telling me it was my Rukus wifi (even though other beams in the house work fine & i’ve never had an issue).

The sub showed up on my system for a short while, then changed to a question mark, then disappeared altogether. It’s just not staying connected to the system & falling down.

Tried factory resets, resetting router, connecting ethernet to router. All failed & not a sound out of the sub!! 

I have tried everything including a SONOS approved engineer (who said they had never seen this issue before) & cannot get my sub to link. I am sending it back & exchanging asking for another one to try (hoping its a faulty wireless card in the speaker). If that fails, refund & give up, all VERY disappointing. 😖

I’ve been having the same issues. The sub mini won’t connect to my wifi network. Just exchanged it for a second unit today and the new unit has the same issue. Connecting via the router allows for it to be added to the system, but once disconnected from the router the system loses track of it. Even when the sub is still wired, it won’t play with the wireless Beam 2 I have.

I hope that you have better luck with your second unit/these issues are resolved.

I’ve been having the same issues. The sub mini won’t connect to my wifi network. Just exchanged it for a second unit today and the new unit has the same issue. Connecting via the router allows for it to be added to the system, but once disconnected from the router the system loses track of it. Even when the sub is still wired, it won’t play with the wireless Beam 2 I have.

I hope that you have better luck with your second unit/these issues are resolved.

What router is it?

Mine is a Draytek Router & I have Rukus Wifi access points dotted around the house. I also tried connecting it to my house system (I have 6 amps that are wired) & that didn't work either. I think i will have to give up in defeat & return the sub sadly. Unfortunately, the Beam i want to use it with a 75” TV is literally the only room in the house that i can’t physically plug the beam into a data socket & the router is 10m away across the hallway. Thanks for your replies & i hope you get your system working.

@Toby Mead Would a Sonos Boost not help you?

Thanks for the reply. Not sure but it’s just another cost just to get a 1 sub speaker to work that i can probably live without! Whats the most frustrating thing is that all other Sonos products (we had a whole house system installed when we refurbished the house) all works fine with the router we have. Should have kept my LG sounder & sub! Grrrrr.

Hello,
As i described above, I had also issues adding the sub-mini to my Playbase and 2 One’s but now it works fine. The only thing that I notice is when I am using the mobile App it seems first to loose my system and reloads it once or twice until it stays.

I think that a future release of the sonos app and firmware will help solve this issue and also the issues experienced by Toby and Jando.

Mine is a Draytek Router & I have Rukus Wifi access points dotted around the house. I also tried connecting it to my house system (I have 6 amps that are wired) & that didn't work either. I think i will have to give up in defeat & return the sub sadly. Unfortunately, the Beam i want to use it with a 75” TV is literally the only room in the house that i can’t physically plug the beam into a data socket & the router is 10m away across the hallway. Thanks for your replies & i hope you get your system working.

See this link too…

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/5083

I’m having the same issue. I’m gonna go with the refund. Nice job Sonos!

Success!!! I have managed to connect after router reboot 😎