Answered

Possible to exclude/silence beam when playing music

• 24 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Hallo,

I have a beam (2.0) en two play:1's configured with my LG tv as a home Home Theatre dolby configuration. Works perfectly for the place in the livingroom where i watch TV: the bench.

Otherwise, when playing music from Spotify, i'm normaly not sitting on the bench in front of the beam, so i would like to only use both the play:1's for playing music and have the beam silenced. The beam is not in the middle of the room and destroy’s the stereo sound from both the play:1's. Sound quality for music was way way better before adding the beam.

Can the Beam be silenced for music? A seperate configuration for Home Theatre and a second one for listening Music sounds logical right?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 24 October 2021, 16:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Not currently, but it’s a frequent request, and has been passed on to the development team as a desired feature before. As Sonos doesn’t share their development schedule with us, we don’t know if or when it will be worked on, or for that matter, even if it is technically feasible. Hard to believe it wouldn’t be, though.

But all of these type of request are likely weighed against a large backlog of features that I would guess are prioritized with a ‘how will this increase sales’ lens. Which is really just a way to say who knows if or when we may see this.