Answered

playbar tv sound dropping out

• 13 January 2024
  • 8 replies

Playbar sound keeps cracking and drops out for split second when watching tv. Connected to Samsung 65" tv via optic cable, also have two play 1's as surround speakers. Every so often the sound stops for split second and seems to stutter and crackle very slightly. 

I've just run a diagnostic number 1783555761

Thanks. 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 15 January 2024, 14:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Toon Nut 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Your Playbar is affected by an issue that we are aware of and are investigating. At this time, rebooting this device is the best way to alleviate this issue, but it will only help for a while at which point another reboot will be needed. We do not currently have an ETA for a resolution, but we are treating it as high priority.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Corry, appreciate that.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Corry, are some Connect Amps also affected by this issue?  We have been experiencing this cutout issue on a few Connect Amps as well.

Badge

Hi @Toon Nut 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Your Playbar is affected by an issue that we are aware of and are investigating. At this time, rebooting this device is the best way to alleviate this issue, but it will only help for a while at which point another reboot will be needed. We do not currently have an ETA for a resolution, but we are treating it as high priority.

I hope this helps.

Hi Corey What is the current version of software thats affected. Since I am set for auto updates, I would like be able to tell when the newer SW version is applied.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/release-notes-for-sonos-s2

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @mheisey 

There is a known issue that affects some older devices that cannot be resolved, and has the same symptoms - audio interruptions. I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports. They will be able to determine which issue is affecting your Connect:Amps and advise from there.

I hope this helps.

Badge

Hi Sonos:

Any update from Sonos on this playbar resolution ?  Like many of us here, I have a serious investment in this stuff

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Your best bet is as said above:

get in touch with our technical support team