Skip to main content
Answered

Playbar Stopped working

• 7 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Recently my playbar stopped working, it was part of our home theater surround sound in our media room.  I have called Sonos support quite a few times without getting to a solution.  The Sonos app would show the room as playing music however no sound was coming out of any of the speakers including the sub.  I removed the surrounds and sub from the room and they will work and play sound now through the Sonos app.  This led me to believe it was related to the Playbar, which is when I tried a factory reset.  All attempts to add it back to my system have been unsuccessful, i have tried both wireless and connected via ethernet cable, on the last call the rep asked me to reboot my phone and try again.  

Is my Playbar dead or is there something else I can do to troubleshoot? Is there somewhere I can take it to confirm? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

I think a mistake here was to factory resetting the Playbar without first contacting Sonos, because the Staff can’t now see it in a diagnostic report submission, without it being set back up on your system. 

The initial questions I have are:

I would agree resetting to factory without contacting Sonos first was a mistake. 

I have not tried resetting the app yet, everything else I have tried and confirmed everything else you asked.  Will resetting the app require me to set all other rooms and speakers again?  We have quite a few which is why I ask. 

No error messages appear, I first get the screen saying the playbar is going to confirm with an audible pin, no sound comes from the playbar after that.  This happens twice then it says confirm a different way.  I am then asked to press the play button to connect to the network and it never connects.  

The light continues to flash green never changes to a different color. 

I’m thinking resetting the App is not going to be the answer here, it sounds rather like a hardware issue, but if you want to try that, then go ahead. It does not mean you need to reset your other devices. All settings for your system are stored on the players that have already been added to the system. The App is merely a remote control for your Sonos system.

Assuming your mobile device meets the requirements mentioned in my earlier post, If you reset the Sonos App from ‘Settings/App Preferences’ - on reopening the App, accept the T&C’s and allow access to the local network, Bluetooth, mic etc. and ensure you connect the App back to the ‘existing’ Sonos system on the local network that your mobile is connected to via WiFi.

Then try the Playbar setup again from factory reset using ‘Add Product’ option in the App (Settings/System). If you are still not getting the audible tones, or not able to setup the speaker, then I’m guessing there’s an issue with the hardware. It’s then time to contact Sonos Support and see if they are able to advise you further.

Still no luck connecting this back to my system, wondering if there is anywhere I can take it or anything I can do with this playbar now or is it completely dead.

@tsisson 

I have no experience of using any Sonos device repairers, but there are services I found online near where I live from a Google search - https://www.isonatec.com 

I personally would not choose to use them (these things of course are entirely at your own risk), my own choice would be to go for the Sonos upgrade programme instead, which is detailed here…

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/upgrade

There is also the less-costly Sonos certified refurbished products available here:

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/certified-refurbished

They come with the manufacturers guarantee too, but note they are not eligible for discount via the Sonos upgrade programme, which is for new products only.

Jeg har akkurat det samme problemet som deg... veldig irriterende. Playbar kjøpt i 2015