Answered

playbar robotic sound

• 14 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Have Vizio tv set to bitstream.  Have playbar, 2 surrounds and sub all combined.  After just connecting coax for antenna now some channels audio stutters through playbar like a robot so you can not hear.  Some channels are fine and does same streaming through roku stick.  PCM does not have an issue.  If I turn off tv and back on or unplug tv and playbar will then work until I turn channels or input. It is random.  Have not had a problem having everything for @7 years.  Checked for updates says up to date.

thanks

icon

Best answer by Corry P 17 January 2023, 11:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Jknuth 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

When you unplug the TV from power, do you do so for at least a couple of minutes? If not, I recommend trying it.

It does sound most likely that the TV is outputting something other than Dolby Digital though - perhaps Dolby Digital Plus? I recommend you change the TV’s output format from Bitstream to Dolby Digital. If this is the issue, however, I don’t get why you didn’t experience it before - unless there was a recent TV software update, perhaps.

I hope this helps.

Badge

Thanks…. Yes I unplug for a few minutes and will work for a while then after powering on again or change the channel back to the stuttering sound.  
tv only has surround on or off and digital audio out PCM or Bitstream.  The software version seems to be a few years old.

thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Jknuth 

Please try unplugging the TV again, but when the TV is unplugged, disconnect the Roku from it. Turn the TV back on and test - are things now better? If so, reconnect the Roku and check it for an option to disable HDMI-CEC functions:

Roku

1. On the Home menu, navigate to Settings.
  2. Select DISPLAY & SOUND, navigate to the bottom and select System.
  3. Select Control followed by Other devices, uncheck One touch play and System standby.

If disconnecting Roku makes no difference, however, please ensure that the optical cable connecting the Playbar to the TV is secured at both ends and is not kinked in any way.

And if you still haven’t found an answer after that, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team for some real-time troubleshooting.

I hope this helps.