Answered

Playbar incompatible S1

Hi

new to all this, have just brought a Sonos Playbar, downloaded the Sonos app but when I try to setup the bar after pressing the buttons on the side as requested I get a message saying 

Playbar incompatible

You need the modern Sonos app to set up your system using this product.

To add this modern product to your legacy app, set up a legacy product first then add Playbar.

I do not understand this as I am using the latest version of the app, any help appreciated as I am losing patience with this.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by John B 31 May 2020, 18:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Well set the 2 one’s up and very happy with the sound, just waiting to get the full effect of surround with the Playbar now.

Thanks for the replies John, I will let you know how I get on.

That would be fine - no need to wait.  You will just be in the same position as the rest of us.

A pair of Ones sounds great - let us know what you think!

That's a shame, was hoping to experience a nice bit of surround sound with a couple of new films I got, looks like I have just got to wait.

Could I set up the one’s as a stereo pair to enjoy a bit of music first and then add the Playbar once S2 goes live or am I asking for trouble 

Yes it should be fine then - 8 June.

So will it work normally once S2 is launched to the general public and when is that ?

I have 2 Sonos ones which I am going to use as rear surrounds with the playbar.

That should be fine.  All S2 compliant.

Nope, sorry, factory reset insufficient in this case.  There has never before been a situation of having two parallel Sonos systems as will soon be the case.  Your Playbar belongs in another world, yet to be experienced!

I have 2 Sonos ones which I am going to use as rear surrounds with the playbar.

Thanks for the reply John, I have factory reset the playbar would that not clear any original data.

You have bought a Playbar from someone who was in a Sonos Beta program.  It should work when Sonos launch S2 on 8 June, but not before.  Do you have other Sonos speakers already?