• 17 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

First of all my setup

• Sonos Beam 2
  • Sonos Era 300 x 2
  • LG 55C8 Tv (with Arc port, no eArc)
  • PS4 (thinking of getting a PS5)

I would like to get this Bluray audio disc and play it in at least surround sound, the end goal is to hear it in Atmos.

https://shop.pinkfloyd.com/product/X3AMPF1239/the-dark-side-of-the-moon-bluray

If I play it on the equipment I currently have, via the PS4, will I get 5.1 surround?

If I replace the TV (or get an HDMI extract audio thingy) to get an eArc port and then also get a PS5, will I get Dolby Atmos?

Many thanks

Jason

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 17 October 2023, 08:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

With your current equipment, you should be able to play the core DTS Digital Surround 5.1 audio track from the DSOTM Blu-ray disc.

If you want to play the Dolby Atmos track, you either need to get a new TV with eARC or get an eARC adapter like the HDFury Arcana.

With your current equipment, you should be able to play the core DTS Digital Surround 5.1 audio track from the DSOTM Blu-ray disc.

If you want to play the Dolby Atmos track, you either need to get a new TV with eARC or get an eARC adapter like the HDFury Arcana.

Thanks for your reply.

To play the Atmos track, do I need a PS5? (along with the HDFury Arcana)

Userlevel 7

Thanks for your reply.

To play the Atmos track, do I need a PS5? (along with the HDFury Arcana)

If you have the PS4 Pro, it supports Dolby Atmos audio from Blu-ray discs. So you would just need to get a new TV with eARC or the HDFury Arcana.