Answered

Placement for Era 300 for long couch

• 22 November 2023
  • 1 reply

My couch is 14 feet away from my TV which has an Arc and Subwoofer. I was thinking about getting the Era 300 but I’m unsure where to place them. 

My couch is 13 feet long, against a wall and the left side is only one foot from the a pillar. 

Is the eras 300 the right product and where should I place them? 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 22 November 2023, 17:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Kevin11942 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I think a pair of Era 300s would significantly improve your Home Theatre experience here, and more so than any other options.

Assuming you are a fan of symmetry, I recommend wall mounting them just under or - better - slightly-under-and-to-the-outsides of the wall sconces. Putting them more to the outside would reduce the possibility of literal headbanging (assuming you tend to sit in the middle), but you do want them to be roughly at head-height.

The pillar may obstruct the virtualisation of the right side channel slightly, but I think TruePlay Tuning will make light work of that, assuming you have an iPhone or iPad to do the tuning with. Even without, you probably won’t notice.

Finally, I hope you have a dimmer for those six lights to use on movie nights!

I hope this helps.