Answered

passwords

• 6 March 2021
  • 2 replies

I’ve just tried to setup my new Playbar. It seems there’s a discrepancy between the password on my Sonos App Account, and the one on my Sonos Account. Despite several attempts at resetting via the link emailed to me, it does not cross over to the App. This prevents me from completing the setup of the Playbar. How can I start both afresh to try & match passwords and end this incredible frustration?

Please help!!!!

icon

Best answer by Xander P 8 March 2021, 10:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Flyfisher71, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sounds like the system may be registered to a different account than you use to sign in to the website - what you can do to transfer the system to the correct account, is open the Sonos app and go to;

Settings > System > Transfer System Ownership

This should prompt you to enter the email address for your account, and will transfer the system to the correct account :)

Thanks Xander P. You’re spot on. I reset both the App and the Playbar, as I suspected it had been previously setup despite being told otherwise. It all works now, and beautifully so!!!