Skip to main content
Answered

Panasonic remote stopped controlling volume on Sonos sound bar

• 27 December 2023
  • 1 reply

My Panasonic 65” TV is connected to a Sonos soundbar plus subwoofer and play one surround sound speakers. the Panasonic TV remote has suddenly stopped controlling the volume on the speakers (it controls TV channels perfectly so it’s not a fault with the TV remote). The Sonos app controls the speaker volume perfectly so it’s not a problem with the speakers. 

it’s a problem with the Sonos software. I have rebooted the TV a couple of times, but hasn’t made any difference. 

what should I try next ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

It depends on the soundbar and/or the connection.  For Beam/Arc models connected via HDMI-ARC, make sure CEC (VIERA Link on Panasonics) is turned on on the TV and rerun the remote setup in Settings > System > (Room Name) > Home Theater > Remote Control Setup.

For Ray/Playbase/Playbar or Beam/Arc using the optical adapter, simply run the Remote Control Setup.