pairing 2 moves to work with eh tw7000 projector.

• 22 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi 

I get that we can’t pair the moves in Bluetooth, but if they are paired in wifi, is there a wifi adapter I can add to the projector to receive the signal from the paired moves?? Thank you for your help! 

5 replies

Hi.  It seems extremely unlikely to me.  I cannot think which wireless protocol it would use.  But obviously that doesn’t mean it cannot be done…. maybe I have missed something.

Generally speaking, the answer to any question that comes down to “Can I use Sonos speakers that are not designed for AV use as AV speakers?” is either:

“No, use a Sonos device that is designed for AV use”, or

“Yes, but it’s a bad idea, use a Sonos device that is designed for AV use”

I believe the first of these answers applies to your question. If it doesn’t, then the second answer applies.

Hi John

thank you. I think you may well be right. I have a play bar too but wanted to Crete this wirelessly. Is there a way to pair the two moves via blue tooth to the projector? 1 move pairs perfectly and gives great sound but wanted a better cinema experience. 

There may be some third party software that allows you to play to two Bluetooth devices but that would be a job for Google - it isn’t something I know much about.

What source(s) are you playing and how do they connect to your projector?

Hi john

at the moment I have an Amazon fire stick in the hdmi port on the projector and blue toothing sound to the move. It works well but just want it boosted. I understand from Epson that the projector won’t accept 2 bluetooth speakers at the same time even though their tech sheet shows 2 speakers communicating with the projector… 

There may be some third party software that allows you to play to two Bluetooth devices but that would be a job for Google - it isn’t something I know much about.

What source(s) are you playing and how do they connect to your projector?

On android phones, you have the ability to send audio via bluetooth to two separate speakers/headphones.  I’ve done this with a pair of Roams.  However, it’s not a stereo pair, each speaker is playing mono.

Hi john

at the moment I have an Amazon fire stick in the hdmi port on the projector and blue toothing sound to the move. It works well but just want it boosted. I understand from Epson that the projector won’t accept 2 bluetooth speakers at the same time even though their tech sheet shows 2 speakers communicating with the projector… 

There are a lot of ‘bluetooth splitters’ available on Amazon, that appear to take audio from a headphone connection and send it via bluetooth to 2 or more speakers.  Again though, it does not look like it can send left and right channels independently, but I didn’t take a look at many of the options.