Skip to main content

I’m just moving house and I currently have the Arc, Sub Gen3 and 2 x Era 300s set up in a standard rectangle living room with a flat ceiling. Really happy and easy set up….. However my new place has 12ft vaulted ceiling and it’s a big space to fill. Ideally I would like the TV and Arc in position A but I’m also willing to consider B and C as I think it’s not a good placing for Arc. We listen to a lot of music and that’s my main use however I need to have TV and Arc in a decent position. Where should I place each speaker for optium sound? Your thoughts and advice would be really welcome…. Thanks, Chris

In terms of sound, B or C would be better than A. In terms of video, a disadvantage of C is the reflection in the TV of the window near B. In terms of viewers facing the TV, A would be best.

In terms of sound, B or C would be better than A. In terms of video, a disadvantage of C is the reflection in the TV of the window near B. In terms of viewers facing the TV, A would be best.

Yeah B seems like a decent option. Where would you place the Era 300s with that set up??

Near C, at or slightly above ear level. The drawing might indicate a ceiling fan in the center. Don’t place speakers near a fan.

Near C, at or slightly above ear level. The drawing might indicate a ceiling fan in the center. Don’t place speakers near a fan.

No there's no fan thankfully. And the Sub near A or below B? Even been toying with the idea of getting a second Sub but I'll wait to see how it sounds once we're in. 

I prefer SUB to be near the soundbar. When blindfolded, a listener’s accuracy is low when asked to “point to the subwoofer”. It’s best when the subwoofer is near the same plain as the front speakers. In your case, in my opinion, locating the soundbar at B and SUB at A is stretching things a bit.

No there's no fan thankfully. And the Sub near A or below B? Even been toying with the idea of getting a second Sub but I'll wait to see how it sounds once we're in. 

A second sub makes a huge difference in my opinion