Answered

Not able to connect my new Submini

• 3 November 2022
  • 5 replies

A little over two weeks ago I took delivery of a new Submini to integrate with my Beam (gen2). Last Friday I started to set up the Submini and immediately had problems. After Inputting my PIN number the SONSO app responded by saying that the PIN I had entered belonged to a different Submini and asked me to check. I double and triple checked both my Serial number and PIN number, which were all being entered correctly. So I tried again many times to be told that my PIN was wrong. So last Friday I emailed SONOS customer service. I heard nothing after 72 hours, so I again emailed SONOS customer services on Tuesday this week and again have heard nothing - not even a “we have received your email and will get back to you in due course.” So I was just trying to see if someone from SONOS could reach out to help?

Many thanks

KevSkye

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 3 November 2022, 06:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

The only Sonos folks who frequent these forums are moderators. Your best bet would be to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

Hi Bruce - I thought that may be the case and thank you for the advice.

KevSkye

Please come back and let us know what you find out! I’ve never seen anything similar to this posted before. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I do remember a post from last week about the same problem: the PIN on the speaker does not belong to this speaker. 

Sonos (Jeff) has been excellent - it looks like my submini was packed into the wrong box or the wrong serial number sticker placed on my box when it was packed in Malaysia.

When I tried to sync my submini the serial number the Sonos app kept coming back with ultimately did match what was on my box, but not my individual submini unit serial number. Since discovering this, Sonos (Jeff) has been excellent and a replacement is now on its way to me.

thanks everyone

kevSkye