Answered

No Sound from Hulu app on Sony X95K TV with Arc

• 13 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi all, I do not know where to turn for help on this matter so I am starting here. Any thoughts or ideas are most welcome please: I own a Sony X95K Bravia TV and use the Google TV native apps. I have my Sonos Arc connected properly to earc via HDMI and it works perfectly EXCEPT that starting last night there is no sound when I use specifically the HULU app. When I check the Sonos app it does not show receiving audio. When I use any other streaming app, the Sonos S2app shows the audio being received. All other apps are working just fine. If I disconnect the hdmi cable temporarily to the ARC or unplug the ARC, then the sound works when the TV speakers are being used rather than the Sonos ARC. I have done, I think, most of the normal fixes, restart the ARC, uninstall and reinstall the HULU app. I am not sure where to turn to try and get this working again. I would appreciate any thoughts or help. Thank you, John

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 13 November 2022, 19:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I’d be double checking the TV, as it may not be doing the appropriate CEC handshake with the Sonos. First thing, check the TV for firmware/software updates. Next, force a reboot of the TV’s OS by unplugging it from the wall for 5 minutes, then plugging it back in. You may also want to talk to Sony’s CS about the issue.