Skip to main content

Sometimes, not often, I turn on my TV and I have no sound from the Arc

I check the volume and then change sources, turn off the TV, turn it back on again, press a few buttons on the Arc and eventually it clicks but on.

I think what actually gets it working again is the Sonos Arc volumne button.

But surely the Arc should continue at the same volumne as it was last used or a pre-defined volumne.

Also if my TV remote control can adjust the volume why does it not work when I have this problem?

TIA

Is this with a Samsung TV by any chance, as there have been some reported issues with certain models of that brand of TV?

Is this with a Samsung TV by any chance, as there have been some reported issues with certain models of that brand of TV?

No, a new, December 2022 LG 65OLEDCS6

It is only occcasional but annoying

Be sure that TV Autoplay is enabled in the Sonos app. 

Do you have any other devices connected to the TV?

Be sure that TV Autoplay is enabled in the Sonos app. 

Do you have any other devices connected to the TV?

Hello

It is enabled.

I only have

A Firestick

A Sony X800M2 4K player

Like I say 9 out of 10 it is fine but last night took me over 10 minutes to get sound out of it

Just a bit baffled

Steve

Try disabling the CEC settings on the Fire TV Stick and Blu-ray player. The setting is called “HDMI CEC Device Control” on the Fire TV Stick and “Control for HDMI” on the Blu-ray player.

Occasionally, I have the same issue. I’ve found that it happens after moving the Arc physically. The HDMI plug is a bit sensitive. If I plug it back in securely, all is well

Occasionally, I have the same issue. I’ve found that it happens after moving the Arc physically. The HDMI plug is a bit sensitive. If I plug it back in securely, all is well

Not the case for me.

The last time it happened I had been watching TV but then turned off the TV for an hour whilst I did something else. Then I came back to it and no sound. Appreciate your response though