Answered

No matter what I cannot play Dolby Atmos on Sonos Beam (Gen 2) with LG C2

• 23 October 2022
  • 2 replies

I have checked other posts that refer to issues with Sonos and LG TVs.

I have power cycled both TV and the Beam after updating settings. But inspite of all this, I always get stereo PCM.

This is true with multiple apps - Netflix, Apple TV+. 

I have checked the internet connection which is wired so I dont think bandwidth is the issue here.

The same Beam was working with an older model from Samsung (I dont know which model) without requiring any special attention. Is this problem just with me?

What are the steps to get this resolved? This was a big bummer for me as I am now regretting getting an LG OLED C2 and should have just gone for Samsung.

icon

Best answer by Aranya 23 October 2022, 07:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Actually this is now solved.
I followed the instructions in this video - 

The key is to enable e-ARC and change digital output settings to Passthrough.

I have a C2 evo 2022 65” LG and tríed this settings but no luck. I have Dolby Atmos when I use the TV speaker (The book of Boba Fett is Dolby Atmos), but when I change to Sonos (it is Connected HMDI 2 eArc) Dolby Atmos option remains in gray. The only diference I see is in the option HDMI Input Audio format I cannot access to the HDMI 2 (it is in gray) although it is set to “Bitstream”.

There is another setting “Share sound mode” with three options: “off”, “enjoy TV sound mode” and “enjoy sound bar mode” I have this lást one (sorry I have traslated from spanish settings) 

And in “adjust screen and sound” I have “Bypass” option OFF and delay of HDMI (ARC) device set to zero 

I am begining to frustrate, but I am surge with some help  I will make it 

Thanks in advance