Answered

No Dolby Atmos with LG Oled C2 and Arc

• 7 October 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello Everyone, 

I have a 1 month old 65 inch LG OLED C2 TV. Today I upgraded my sound system to a Sonos Arc. I am reasonably HiFi literate but despite trying a myriad of different options recommended on this, and other forums, I cannot get the Sonos Arc to play Atmos sound. It will transmit at Stereo PCM. I have simply connected the TV to the Sonos Arc using the Sonos supplied HDMI cable. The connections are from the HDMI 2 (ARC) port on the TV to the HDMI Port on the Sonos Arc. The TV’s sound output is set to HDMI (ARC). I do receive Atmos sound on the TV (not the Sonos ARC) when I disconnect the Sonos Arc and play an Atmos featured Netflix show using the TV’s speakers. Does anyone have any suggestions or is this simply a bug in the LG software?

Thank you,

Ross

icon

Best answer by Ross from Australia 8 October 2022, 05:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Everyone, 

I have solved my own problem. However, I must confess that I am a Class A twit! When I was looking under advanced sound settings on the LG TV the settings were all greyed out (because I was not using the TV speakers). I did not realise that if you kept scrolling down you will find settings that you could change. All I had to do was continue to scroll down and then change the EARC setting to on. Sorry and thank you

Hi Ross,

I have the same combination: TV + Soundbar

Were you also able to select HDMI input format in Advanced Settings?

For some reason, the option is greyed out on my TV (LG C2)

Thanks-Sid

I have the exact same problem and I can’t change it. 

Hi all, I have the same combination. A LG65oledC2 with Sonos arc+sub+2 Sonos one SL

i also have gray options into my settings. But I think I figured it out.

what I did in the settings are:

1. DTV audio settings on Automatic

2. output digital sound To the 3th option.

3. E-Arc ON

I can see in the Netflix app that the Dolby Atmos is no ready to play..

sorry about my English. I hope you can understand. And I hope it will work 

Hello,

I have lg c2 and Sonos arc. I tried all the options that are stated in above statements but still get gray out option on Dolby atomos. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Same problem here. I don't think the ARC is capable of passing Dolby Atmos unfortunately. 

ARC carries Dolby Digital Plus, eARC carries MAT, both of which contain (slightly different) versions of Atmos. The Sonos Arc can play either of those. 

I've tried both and according to my Xbox it's very limited in high quality sound options.