Answered

No audio on Beam while grouping

• 7 January 2023
  • 2 replies

I have a new TV. Samsung Q60BA.  It only supports one Audio HDMI eArc connection.  I have a Sonos amp and a sonos beam.  I use the amp to run audio to the 4 analog  speakers I have in my living room. At the moment, I have the TV connected to the amp and then I grouped the beam so I could have a fuller sound in my living room. My problem occurs randomly I turn my tv on and select my group for the family room and the beam says it’s part of the group but no audio from the beam. When it’s working I get the group volume adjustment as well as the individual volume.  This has become very frustrating.  It only works sometimes.  This system has become very unreliable and I’m on the verge of switching back to a traditional set up. 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 12 January 2023, 11:26

View original

2 replies

What setting do you have for "ungroup on Autoplay" ?

When it works, does the controller show "Beam room +1" or "Amp room + 1" at the top of the Now Playing screen?

Same question for when it fails.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Fusionhead 

Thanks for your post!

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports - there may be communication issues between the devices (usually caused by electromagnetic interference, which will show up in the logs).

It may help to reboot your router by switching it off for at least 30 seconds - please try this first.

I hope this helps.