Answered

no atmos on xbox series x and reversed cahnnels.

• 2 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi.

im using the beam gen 2 for some time now.

im using it with the newest Apple TV 4K without atmos because my tv have only Arc.(no earc).

today I thought maybe I can use the atmos on my Xbox series x but there also it says it can’t play atmos although my tv does support Dolby digital plus. I downloaded the Dolby app and still no atmos.
also I did a test on the Xbox of the sound channels and left/ right was REVERSED. Is it a problem with Xbox or something wrong with my beam?

I thought I hear reversed channels for sometime but on other forum people told me there is no way this could happen.

is there a fix for all of this?

thanks in advance 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 2 May 2023, 20:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

You cannot play Dolby Atmos audio from the Xbox for the same reason you cannot play it from the Apple TV 4K. Both devices use a Dolby MAT encoder which requires eARC to play Dolby Atmos and Multichannel PCM audio.

Because your TV isn’t equipped with eARC, set the HDMI Audio setting on the Xbox to Dolby Digital. And enable the Allow Passthrough setting too.

You cannot play Dolby Atmos audio from the Xbox for the same reason you cannot play it from the Apple TV 4K. Both devices use a Dolby MAT encoder which requires eARC to play Dolby Atmos and Multichannel PCM audio.

Because your TV isn’t equipped with eARC, set the HDMI Audio setting on the Xbox to Dolby Digital. And enable the Allow Passthrough setting too.

Thanks. And you know maybe why the channels were reversed in the settings check?

Userlevel 7

Thanks. And you know maybe why the channels were reversed in the settings check?

Not sure. Are the channels still reversed with the settings I recommended? What model TV do you have?

Not sure. Are the channels still reversed with the settings I recommended? What model TV do you have?

Haven’t tried yet.

the model is Lg uk6300yvb

Userlevel 7

Set the TV to these settings:

HDMI Input Audio Format: Bitstream

Digital Sound Output: Pass Through

Set the Xbox to these settings:

HDMI Audio: Dolby Digital

Enable Allow Passthrough.

Let me know if this makes any difference with the channels being reversed.

Set the TV to these settings:

HDMI Input Audio Format: Bitstream

Digital Sound Output: Pass Through

Set the Xbox to these settings:

HDMI Audio: Dolby Digital

Enable Allow Passthrough.

Let me know if this makes any difference with the channels being reversed.

Thanks. It seems the problem was that my console was set to my language (Hebrew) so everything is right to left. It made the animation also flipped so it looks like the sound is reversed. It’s all good now, thanks again!