Answered

No Atmos

• 17 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Ok, so I know I probably missed a thread on here somewhere, but I’ll tell my issue anyways.  Brand new Sonos Arc, have a 75” Samsung 4K TV (QN75Q70AAFXZA), and the newest Apple 4K TV. I’m using the HDFury Arcana with brand new 8k HDMI cables. Apple TV to input on Arcana, HDMI eARC out to Arc soundbar, and other HDMI output to eARC HDMI input on TV. Everything works fine, I get Dolby 5.1, I’m ok with the black screen when content is switching, but not getting Dolby Atmos when watching 6 Underground on Netflix, I have the UltraHD subscription. What am I missing? I have majority of Arcana settings on Auto as well, confused as to what to set to other settings. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 17 March 2024, 03:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi

Question: Why are you using HDFury?

The HDFury is typically reserved for TV’s with no HDMI eARC port. Accordingly your TV has eARC connection port. The Arc when connected to HDMI eARC will produce Dolby Atmos audio. You may have to enable audio pass-through for Netflix.

EDIT: Your AppleTV 4K can connect to one of the other HDMI ports and its audio will be processed by the Arc.

Badge +1

So what you’re saying is, connect the Apple straight to HDMI1, then connect a HDMI cable from the TV eARC port to the Arc directly?

I bought the Fury thinking I needed it to extract the audio. I upgraded from an 8yr old Playbar today that had an optical port, and it was connected to an HDMI extractor, thought I had to do the same with the Arc, thought I needed it to get Atmos. 

Where would I go to change audio pass through? TV sound settings?

Thank you for your help as well

Badge +1

Got it!!! Disconnected Fury and voila, Atmos,  money wasted for not reading about eARC first lol, oh well, that’s why we have eBay. Thank you again, all makes sense now, this is my first eARC experience, now I understand how to use it, and how it works.