Answered

no atmos

• 9 December 2023
  • 9 replies

Hello…So I see alot of people having problems with sonos arc playing stereo pcm instead of atmos..I watched Batman yesterday with atmos displayed on app and now its saying stereo pcm on app. I haven’t changed any settings or done anything different so I know its set up correctly as far as tv settings..please help as just purchased arc for this ability. Thank you for any help you can provide.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 9 December 2023, 19:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7

How exactly are you watching Batman? From what streaming app and from what device?

Hey thank you for reply..I had it on netflix and have the upgraded subscription of it. When I set it up first ie the Arc I searched for Dolby Atom on Netflix and it will give you all the shows that support it. And it worked fine and showed Dolby Atmos on my app. Now all those same shows show Stereo Pcm..And thats is only thing thats showing for anything I put on now..I really appreciate any help or solutions you can provide 🙏🏻

Userlevel 7

What specific device are you streaming Netflix from? What model TV do you have?

I have a 55” Hisense u7

Userlevel 7

What is the Digital Audio Out setting on your TV currently set to? If you play the film Don’t Look Up from Netflix, what audio format is displayed in the Sonos app?

Digital audio setting is on Dolby Digital plus and app says Stereo pcm …When the movie starts it says Dolby vision and doesn’t go to Dolby Atmos which it used to..

The app is saying Stereo pcm for every thing..5.1, atmos etc

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging your TV from power for a couple of minutes.

Boom..That did the trick..Really really appreciate you taking the time to help..Niceeeee🙏🏻