Answered

New to Sonos - TV audio and outdoor speakers

• 4 December 2021
  • 1 reply

I’ve never had Sonos equipment, but am looking to simplify my setup and am very interested. What I’m looking at doing is getting a new TV and get rid of my huge TV stand that houses a standard 5.1 receiver setup. I’d like to instead wall mount the TV and a sound bar and get rid of the equipment that takes up floor space. What I’m planning is:

• 65” LG C1 OLED TV wall mounted
  • Sonos Arc soundbar wall mounted
  • Sonos Amp connected to my outdoor speakers (Klipsh AW-650’s)
  • Probably not important for this question, but a small cabinet or wall mounted shelf to house my internet modem, router, and Sonos Amp. 

My questions are:

• What would the recommended wiring/connections be for this setup? I’ve gathered that I’ll use the HDMI 2.1 connection between the TV and soundbar, but it’s unclear to me how the rest should be connected (although I’m hoping they’re just all connected wirelessly through my home network). 
  • What is my interface for controlling my outdoor speakers?
    • Can I play the same music coming from the TV (usually play pandora or spotify via google assistant through TV) on soundbar and amp? 
    • Can I play different sources on the soundbar vs outdoor speakers easily?
    • How easy/what steps to would I take to turn on/off my outdoor speakers with this setup?
  • Any recommendations on what I could do for minimal floorspace for housing the modem, router, and amp and keep as clean (no visible wires) of a setup as possible? I considered making a custom shelf/cabinet with fans on both ends for airflow that the could house the components and allow the soundbar to sit on-top, but really don’t have time to take on that type of project. 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 4 December 2021, 22:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

The Arc and Amp will act as two different rooms or zones. Audio can play independently on each room or easily grouped together in the Sonos app to play the same audio at the same or different volumes.

Read more about grouping rooms:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3391?language=en_US

The Arc and Amp will never be turned off completely. They will go into a standby mode when they don’t detect an audio signal after a certain amount of time.

If you can store the modem, router, and Amp in a closet, this would be the cleanest setup.