Answered

New Sub Mini connecting but not playing.

• 20 November 2022
  • 3 replies

I recently bought and set up both a Beam Gen 2 and Sub Mini. The Beam was set up fine and works brilliantly, however having set up the Sub Mini an hour or so later, it connected fine (although both products seemed to have issues with the NFC identification during set up - first time was fine on Sub Mini, but second time had issues). However, the Sub Mini, whilst set up went ok, has the white light on, but doesn’t make any sound (having tried with the TV and by casting music with heavy bass to the Beam).

I’ve checked on my Google Wifi app and only the Beam seems to show as connected to the network. 

This is pretty disappointed after having decided to invest in Sonos over other home cinema systems.

icon

Best answer by davemate23 20 November 2022, 10:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Looks like I’ve actually managed to fix this by manually connecting it to the network via Managed Network. Pretty crazy that it doesn’t ask you to add it to the network during setup…?!

I had this same issue and ended up returning the Mini. I’m happy to know there is a way to fix it. Maybe I’ll try again.

I had the same problem but not the same solution for those who are interested. the sub mini was correctly added but no sound came out when listening. I have a beam connected by cable to the router and so I had disabled the wifi when I installed it. By reactivating the wifi (while leaving the beam connected by ethernet cable) the sub mini produces sound now