Answered

New Sub (Gen3) causing low end feedback.

• 13 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello Everyone,

I recently hooked up my Sub Gen 3 to my Arc/One SL system.  It sounds good but every so often it sounds like there is low end feedback.  It’s a low frequency sound that just sort of takes off on it’s own.  When it happens I change the source and it goes away but when I go back to watching a movie it happens again.  I have tried lowering the sub volume and that helps but doesn’t fix it.

Any thoughts at all?

Thanks for reading!

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 13 February 2023, 14:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Maybe try the Sub temporarily connected to a different power supply/ring-main circuit in the Home, but if the issue persists, I would try to capture the issue in a mobile video recording (if practicable) and shortly after hearing the issue again, also submit a system diagnostic and either note/post it’s reference back here and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK  and see what the Staff can suggest to resolve the issue.

Which source are you listening to when the hum starts? Which sources have no hum?

I should actually clarify that.  I didn’t chance sources, I was watching Hulu and it started happening. I changed the program I was watching but still on Hulu and it went away.  It happens when there is a lot of low end bass happening in the soundtrack but it just seems to take off until I shut off the sub or change to something without so much bass in the mix.