New on Sonos, "Unable to connect" each day

• 20 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello everyone,

First of all, please forgive my English !

I would like some help on my problem ; I bough a Beam, my first Sonos product but I am quite disappointed…

I connected the Beam to my TV via HDMI and works fine, connected to the wifi works fine too.

I setup my router to shutdown the wifi during the night and then to run it at 8.00 am (router is still up, only wifi is shutdown). On the morning when wifi is back, every thing working good except I can’t connect to the Beam (unable to connect to sonos). It’s strange because in the wifi devices list I can see “Sonos ZP” connected, but on the app I can’t connect to it. If I want it to work I have to reboot my router, and then Sonos is back.

I try this : put a fix IP address, separate the 2.4 and 5Ghz networks but still same thing ; in the morning when wifi is back, everything is working except the Sonos.

Thanks for your help !

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

HI @FoxEcho44000 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

The Beam will reconnect, but after multiple failed attempts it will reduce the frequency of future attempts to reconnect. I recommend turning your WiFi on a bit earlier (maybe 7:30 or 7:00?) to see if that gives it time to reconnect before you try to use it in the morning.

Failing that, I’d recommend connecting the speaker to ethernet or not disabling WiFi, as most Sonos products expect to be online 24/7.

I recommend rebooting the Beam instead of the router as that will take far less time to complete and connect - or does that not work?