Answered

New beam keeps dropping off room list

• 27 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Trying to set up my new beam. 
have tried a few times but after about 5 mins it disappears from the room list and I have to do a factory reset. 

each time I get as far as the connecting to TV stage but both Arc and optical fail every time. I have tried using a different HDMI cable that I know works. 

I previously had a sound bar connected via optical so I know that output works on TV. 

On arc the error message is interference but I still get this even will all other cables unplugged. 

I can get sound form tv through the beam but not when the beam appears on the app. 

help please

icon

Best answer by Mac_Attack 1 January 2021, 18:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Please don’t do another factory reset. 

Instead, unplug your Beam from power. Then unplug your TV from power. While they are unplugged, reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, plug the TV in to power first, wait a minute, then plug in the Beam to power, and use the HDMI cable that came with the Beam to plug it in to the ARC port on your TV. Check the settings on the TV to ensure that CEC is turned on. Finally,  try setting the Beam up again. 

Thanks Bruce 

I tried the above. The beam has a solid white light on top but doesn’t appear on the list of devices in the app. 
If I press add product it just spins the searching for new product. 

what should I do now?

That suggests that the Beam is connected to some signal, what happens when you watch TV? Does it play the sound from the TV? What kind of TV is it? What happens when you run an Ethernet cable from your router directly to the Beam, does it show up then?

What kind of network do you have? Are there any powerline adapters, extenders, access points, or a mesh network involved? Can you submit a system diagnostic , and post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up?

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.

Thanks for the help. It appeared to have been a wifi issue. I have two networks and it works fine on sky but all the issues I was having were on virgin…. so have switch the whole Sonos setup back to sky BB and it is all working fine.