Question

My sonos sub is not playing music while connected to my beam.

• 11 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi All, 

I connected a new Sonos Sub to the beam in my room and the sync went well until I turned on the sub from my app. The buffer is not playing any music, any idea why? Is it related to a defect on the product or my wifi connection?

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Asa Urbano, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue with your Sonos system, So that we can check the current status of the system, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Hi @Simon B , thanks for the quick response! 

I just submitted the diagnostic report via Sonos App. Here is the confirmation number: 1551889177.

Looking forward for your response. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Asa Urbano, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Upon checking the diagnostic report, It shows bad cloud connections within your network and the Sonos system, Are you also using a wifi extender? It detects on the diagnostic information that it may be connected to the Wifi extenders. You may try to unplug your connections from the power source, and replug it back in after 1-2 minutes, same with your Sonos speakers. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.