Answered

My Sonos Arc does not work anymore (no sound) on Panasonic HZ1000..

Hi guys,

My Sonos Arc does not generate any sound anymore on any of the TV programs that have on Panasonic HZ1000. But it is working fine when the Apple TV is used. I recently updated the Sonos IOS app and I did not change any setting on my TV. Until a few days ago everything worked fine.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 7 May 2023, 09:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Since the TV sound doesn’t go through the app, that won’t make any difference. 

I’d double check the settings on the TV, there have been instances in the past where manufacture updates have inadvertently turned off things. Make sure that CEC is still turned on. Also, reboot the TV by unplugging it from the wall for two minutes. Wouldnt hurt to power cycle the Arc, either. 

What is CEC ?

What is CEC ?

I found it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_Electronics_Control

Essentially, amongst other things, it’s the way your TV sends the audio to your Arc. 

Problem solved with a TV and soundbar reboot by unplugging.

Thank you @Airgetlam !

Can we assume from that erudite post that it’s happened again?

Have you tried rebooting just the TV set, by unplugging it from the wall for 5 minutes? Have you checked to see if there is a software update for either the TV or the Sonos, and applied that?

Any chance you could be more expressive that posting merely an ellipsis?

Yes man, it was my mistake. I only unplugged the sound bar. When I unolugged the Tv set also, problem was solved. Thanks!

Hopefully, someone experiencing the same thing will benefit ;)