Skip to main content

My BEAM sound system disappeared from my system

• 31 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Good morning,

I've been using my BEAM sound system with a duo of ONE SL speakers as a "home cinema" for a while.
But for the past week or so my SONOS BEAM has been disappearing from my system all the time.

It is connected by wire (tested via wifi but nothing changes).
It is also connected via HDMI arc.

Bonjour,

J'utilise mon sonos BEAM avec un duo de baffle ONE SL comme "home cinema" depuis un moment.
Mais depuis une semaine voir un peu plus mon SONOS BEAM disparait tout le temps de mon système.

Elle est connectée en filaire (testé en wifi mais change rien).
Elle est connectée en HDMI arc également.

This can perhaps be a variety of issues, but can you just clarify if it’s the TV and/or Music audio that’s dropping out, or is it a case the soundbar ‘room’ is sometimes disappearing from your Sonos controller App?

Have you yet tried power-cycling both the Beam and TV? If not, then maybe give that a try and leave both devices powered off for a couple of minutes to drain the power from their circuits before powering them on again.

Also see what happens if you disconnect any ‘other’ devices that are connected to the ‘other’ TV HDMI ports, one at a time, just to see if removing a device connected to the TV may solve the issue - if that’s proves to be the case, then try disabling the CEC communication protocol on that one device

Translation:

Cela peut peut-être être dû à divers problèmes, mais pouvez-vous simplement préciser si c'est le son du téléviseur et/ou de la musique qui est interrompu, ou si la « pièce » de la barre de son disparaît parfois de votre application de contrôleur Sonos ?

Avez-vous déjà essayé de redémarrer le Beam et le téléviseur ? Si ce n'est pas le cas, essayez peut-être et laissez les deux appareils éteints pendant quelques minutes pour vider l'alimentation de leurs circuits avant de les rallumer.

Voyez également ce qui se passe si vous déconnectez les « autres » appareils connectés aux « autres » ports HDMI du téléviseur, un à la fois, juste pour voir si le retrait d'un appareil connecté au téléviseur peut résoudre le problème - si cela s'avère être le cas. Dans ce cas, essayez de désactiver le protocole de communication CEC sur cet appareil uniquement.

The sound of the music, as the speaker is connected via HDMI cable (arc) I still have the sound of the soundbar (but no longer from the SONOS ONE speakers)
I tried everything yes 😞 turned everything off, reset everything and reprogrammed it in the application.

I'm trying to disable the protocol.

THANKS

The sound of the music, as the speaker is connected via HDMI cable (arc) I still have the sound of the soundbar (but no longer from the SONOS ONE speakers)
I tried everything yes 😞 turned everything off, reset everything and reprogrammed it in the application.

I'm trying to disable the protocol.

THANKS

If it’s just the surround speakers, then perhaps check the following…

• Ensure you have not disabled the WiFi adapters on the Soundbar or surrounds
  • Ensure one or both surrounds are not wired to the LAN 
  • Check the TV sound out is set to Dolby Digital 5.1/Plus - whatever high-level audio format the TV supports. 
  • Set the HDMI Arc/eARC port to ‘pass-through’ the audio, if available.
  • Ensure the CEC protocol is enabled in the TV settings
  • For music audio - in the Sonos App goto the Soundbar ‘room’ in ‘Settings/System’ and set the Music Playback option to ‘Full’ (rather than ambient) in the Surround Sound section.

Translation:

S’il ne s’agit que des enceintes surround, vérifiez peut-être les points suivants…

• Assurez-vous que vous n'avez pas désactivé les adaptateurs WiFi sur la barre de son ou les enceintes surround.
  • Assurez-vous qu'un ou les deux enceintes ne sont pas câblées au réseau local.
  • Vérifiez que le son du téléviseur est réglé sur Dolby Digital 5.1/Plus, quel que soit le format audio de haut niveau pris en charge par le téléviseur.
  • Réglez le port HDMI Arc/eARC pour « transmettre » l'audio, si disponible.
  • Assurez-vous que le protocole CEC est activé dans les paramètres du téléviseur
  • Pour l'audio musical : dans l'application Sonos, accédez à la « pièce » de la barre de son dans « Paramètres/Système » et définissez l'option de lecture de musique sur « Complète » (plutôt qu'ambiante) dans la section Son surround.

Hi,

After moving my modem (30cm) I turned everything off again this weekend and then reset everything to reconfigure it and everything works as before.

I don't really know what the cause was, perhaps disruption due to the wifi channel? But I hadn't changed anything.