Skip to main content

I only have the Sonos arc, no other speakers.

Is there way to make the movie soundtrack louder?  The dialogue and sound effect come through, but I feel like the soundtrack/music in the film isn't as loud as on other bars.  I've noticed this issue on a 4k Blu-ray movie with Dolby Atmos.  

@Shonnoss 

There‘s no adjustment available for what you‘re looking for. Even with a surround setup you are just able to set the level for sub and rearspeakers individually. 
In most cases that what you are describing depends on the audio mix setup of the movie. 

Seems to depend on the sound bar as well.  The Bose Smart 900 plays the soundtrack of movies louder relative to dialogue and effects.  Arc often seems to have soundtrack quieter  (except at certain times).  You miss out on a lot when ithe film score is relegated so much to the background like that.  I could turn it up but then the dialogue and effects are WAAAYY too loud. It's enough of an issue that I'm considering returning the Arc if there is no remedy.  Bose doesn't have the same amount of base, but it seems to do a better job balancing the tracks.  I was hoping there was a remedy of some kind.

@Shonnoss

There‘s no adjustment available for what you‘re looking for. Even with a surround setup you are just able to set the level for sub and rearspeakers individually. 
In most cases that what you are describing depends on the audio mix setup of the movie. 

So looking further, I realized "eARC Support" was not enabled in my TV settings (LG C2).  When enabled, the soundtrack and other sounds come through better, however the bass of the arc has less punch with eARC enabled.  With eARC enabled, the bass-heavy cinematic feel is lessened.  does that seem right?  

When streaming, there still is an issue of soundtrack not being loud enough for my taste which is unfortunate.

Make sure the TV is set to these settings:

HDMI Input Audio Format: Bitstream

Digital Sound Output: Pass Through

eARC Support: On

What model Blu-ray player are you using?

Panasonic UB820

I thought you didn't use pass through for the Sonos arc?  

Panasonic UB820

I thought you didn't use pass through for the Sonos arc?  

Who told you that? Keep the TV set to Pass Through.

Set the UB820 Digital Audio Output settings to this:

• Dolby Audio: Bitstream
  • DTS/DTS-HD: PCM
  • Secondary Audio: Off

And set Dynamic Range Compression to Off.

@Shonnoss

What format does Sonos app show with eARC on and playing an Atmos track?

If there’s just multichannel pcm this would be the reason for a lower level and you would have to optimize the settings mentioned above.