Answered

Move audio cuts out only while paired with Beam & Sub while watching TV

• 14 May 2021
  • 3 replies

I’ve tried all the trouble shooting options, and nothing has worked so far. 

The issue only occurs while watching from LG TV - the Beam and Sub work fine, while the audio from the Move cuts in and out. If streaming music, there is no issue. 

Diagnostic #:  188428524

icon

Best answer by Corry P 14 May 2021, 15:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @MOSICOQ 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sharing TV audio to grouped speakers isn’t supported on Sonos systems - it may work, but we expect any additional rooms to be out of sync with the source room as Home Theatre products do not pre-buffer the feed from the TV.

However, it seems the problems, although highlighted by sharing TV audio, are actually happening to your system all the time but you probably don’t notice due to the buffering while music is playing.

To resolve this, I recommend you log in to your router’s configuration page at http://10.0.0.1 and ensure the following about your router’s WiFi:

• 2.4 GHz WiFi should be in 802.11 n mode
  • Channel width should be 20MHz
  • The channel should be selected manually, and not on automatic. 1, 6 or 11 are recommended. You may have to try all 3 to get the best results
  • Disable any Smart Setup feature for WiFi

​​​​​​​I hope this helps.

I have the exact same issue and stumbled upon a simple solution via trial and error.

All I did was take the ethernet cable that was going into my TV and plugged it into my Beam.

Now my Move plays TV audio without any skipping.

If you have an ethernet available, give it a shot!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @HeyGogo 

I have the exact same issue and stumbled upon a simple solution via trial and error.

All I did was take the ethernet cable that was going into my TV and plugged it into my Beam.

Now my Move plays TV audio without any skipping.

If you have an ethernet available, give it a shot!

Although this certainly helps in a lot of circumstances - a wired Sonos unit will create it’s own WiFi for other Sonos products - the Move and Roam in particular will not use this network and thus any issues on a Move or Roam would not be solved with this step.

For any other Sonos products, however, this can be a simple and effective fix.