Answered

Loud piercing alarm noise on Era 300

• 7 August 2023
  • 3 replies

I’ve had my Era 300s for many months now and just last night one of them made an ear-piercing alarm noise. 

I unplugged it and plugged it back in.

It was fine until tonight when it did the same thing again.

I sent a diagnostic report to Sonos and after that, I installed an update I found in the Sonos app.

I have an Arc and 2 subs connected with the Era 300s. I saw the similar issue posted on here with the Arc, but mine is clearly coming from my Era 300.  

I’m wondering if anyone with the Era 300 has experienced the same issue?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 10 August 2023, 15:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

If someone from Sonos reads this, the diagnostic number is: 2077627120.

I had to unplug it because the noise was so loud and it woke up everyone in the house and scared the cats. It took a while before I could run the diagnostic. 

Hopefully it caught the issue.

Sonos support doesn’t frequent these community forums. Your best bet is to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @AlanSMichigan 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

That sounds awful! Unfortunately, when you reboot a speaker all of the logs are cleared so the diagnostic you submitted after the reboot contains no useful information. If this happens again, please submit a support diagnostic before rebooting the speaker and while it is still making the noise (though turn the volume down first, if you can!) and then contact our support team at your convenience.

In an attempt to try to prevent this from ever happening again in the first place, however, I recommend you remove the surrounds from your Arc -Settings » System » [room with Arc] » Remove Surrounds (putting them in separate, temporary “rooms” after, if the app asks) - and then factory reset only the problem speaker. Add it back on to your system as if new, then bond both Era 300s back to your Arc - Settings » System » [room with Arc] » Add Surrounds if not prompted to by the app.

If this does not help, repeating the process but instead resetting only the Arc could fix the problem. These are steps that our technical support team will probably suggest, so performing them before getting in touch could speed up the process to the point where we just replace the speaker if nothing else works.

I hope this helps.