Answered

Lost a couple of Subs off S2 for reasons unknown - How to find & Reattach?

• 9 November 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Afternoon all.

I lost a couple of subs off my configuration a few weeks back. Odd and not something I recall happening for me before.

My guess it might have been around the same time as having a few difficulties pairing up a couple of Sonos Ones and an ARC …. now resolved.

Hoping someone could point me towards the procedure to reset and re-add the subs if someone would be kind enough to do that.

The Subs are RJ45 connected and are run in conjunction with room based Amp’s and ceiling speakers. 

I don’t think there is any HW issue or NW issues, I suspect it is an unfortunate by-product of the new setup.

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by John B 9 November 2022, 17:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Login to your router and you will probably see the devices are still on your network, but your phone can’t see them because your router is low quality. Switch to SonosNet or get a better router.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Login to your router and you will probably see the devices are still on your network, but your phone can’t see them because your router is low quality. Switch to SonosNet or get a better router.

Thanks for the input but I’m reasonably sure the network is rock solid.

All the Sonos devices (bar 2 One’s) are hard wired via a Netgear 48 port GB Switch. The wireless is via a Netgear Orbi RBR853 router and 5 x RBS850 satellites. 

By pure coincidence, they had a remote support session check over by Netgear about 4 weeks back due to a strange text descriptive issue.

The NW is long standing and robust so I’m fairly sure it isn’t the source of the disconnection. I will of course check it regardless.

Are the Subs bonded to  HT systems or paired to music speakers?  Even with a surround source, the reat speakers won’t play the same as the Arc. Dialogue won’t come out of the rear speakers, for example.

When you  listen to music sources you are getting dual stereo, not surround sound.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Are the Subs bonded to  HT systems or paired to music speakers?  Even with a surround source, the reat speakers won’t play the same as the Arc. Dialogue won’t come out of the rear speakers, for example.

When you  listen to music sources you are getting dual stereo, not surround sound.

Hi John, No just music configuration. Dual stereo …  the one is in the bathroom linked to an Amp and two pairs of B&W in ceiling speakers. The other a kitchen unit working with another Amp and and two pairs on the same.

The kitchen set up is linked to a TV but not in any HT config, just music.

Have been working in that config for 7+ years if upgraded now and again. They just dropped out one day and appear as a +? in the app.

I think I need put them back to factory reset and add again but has been a while since done that.

Try, purely as an experiment, disconnecting the Subs from Ethernet and power cycling them.  See if  they work when wireless.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Apologies slow reply John. Called away with work. Will be back tomorrow and will give this a go for sure and report back.

Many thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Apologies again for slow response. Work projects have distracted but appreciate responses. 

A reset and reinstall of the sub has worked fine. Still a mystery why they disappeared from the environment but I think very much a one off.

The sub reinstall was done same day as a speaker upgrade. Replaced B&W CCM616,s with CCM665s. The 616s have done sterling service and still perfect but the 665s are a clear step up.

Thanks again.

And thanks for taking the trouble to post back. I'm glad it's resolved.