Answered

Living Room Surround Set up

• 24 March 2023
  • 3 replies

I have a Playbar and 2 x Play:1 set up in a surround sound configuration.  this has worked seamlessly for years.  in the past few months the surrounds lose their connectivity and when the mute button is pressed on the Play:1s just flashed amber.  I either have to unplug the speakers from the mains and re plug in or remove them from the S2 app and set up from scratch.  This nows happens every 2-3 days.

I’ve installed a new wifi router that hasn’t fixed the problem and re-installed my Sonos system from scratch and the surrounds are still losing connectivity.

Have any other users had this issue and resolved?

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 24 March 2023, 22:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Try removing the Play:1s as surrounds, unplugging them from power, and swapping the speakers (left speaker is now the right speaker, right speaker is now the left). Then re-add them as surrounds to the Playbar. Also make sure Wi-Fi is enabled on all speakers in the Sonos app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You can always wait for the problem to happen again and submit a diagnostic to Sonos, then contact Support and ask for assistance.

A low probability that it is your issue but you might try setting static/reserved IUP addresses for your Sonos from the router’s DHCP page followed by a Sonos power-down, router reboot and powering them back up, do any Ethernet connected ones first.

Thanks to you both for the suggestions.  its been two weeks now since I swapped the speakers around and this seems to have done the trick.  Thank you.