Answered

Living room setup with architectural speakers

• 31 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello, I come for an advice - does this setup for TV sound system (Dolby Atmos) makes sense to you (incl. 2x Amp)? Would you change anything? Size of the room is 5x6m but it is part of huge room incl. kitchen and dining room on the right side (total of +- 75m2). In-walls and In-ceilings are already installed, the rest I can adjust.

Thank you!!

icon

Best answer by Corry P 4 April 2023, 14:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @MichalToth 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

The two Amps that would be driving the In-Wall and In-Ceiling speakers can not form part of the Home Theatre setup formed by the Arc, seeing as it already has a pair of Era 100s.

You could have the In-Ceiling speakers as the rear speakers for the Arc, but I’d recommend a pair of Era 100 at roughly head height over the In-Ceiling speakers.

You could of course keep the two Amps separate from the Home Theatre setup for music playback, if you find you prefer the sound/location that they give you, but please note that if the speakers are 8 Ohms, you could do this with one Amp rather than two.

Looking at things from the Arc’s perspective, you can only add two speakers (or one Amp) to it to act as surrounds, and one or two Subs (if two, one must be a Sub Gen 3) or one Sub Mini. You cannot add front speakers to it.

One additional thought is that if the In-Ceiling speakers were intended to play the Atmos rear height channels, the Era 100s will virtualise these channels, whereas the Era 300s will play them through upward-firing drivers to be bounced of your ceiling. Amp cannot be configured to play these channels in any way.

I hope this helps.