Answered

living room has 20ft ceilings and open right side. Is it worth replacing Vizio SB3651-E6 with something from sonos?

• 12 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Pictures of room

I currently have SB3651-E6 which is a 5.1 system. Atmos seems like its amazing but I don't know that I'd be able to get it at this price point. I can only spend up to 2k with Sonos by using discount. Would be more expensive going elsewhere.

My devices are LG C2 75", Xbox series x, switch. We use spotify for music so i wouldn't' get atmos while listening to that. Between playlists and family plan I don't know that i would want to switch to apple or amazon music. So my main use would likely be movies and gaming.

With discounts in mind I can’t spend more than 2k.  I think the arc upfiring would be lost so if i were to do this it’d likely need to be beam + mini sub + rears.

icon

Best answer by jgatie 12 July 2023, 20:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

A 20 foot ceiling would not be ideal for Atmos.  The sweet spot is between 8 and 12, depending on how far away from the screen you sit.  You may have better results with Era 300’s as surrounds because they fire up and almost directly down, but the effects from the Arc or Beam 2 would be lost.  

A 20 foot ceiling would not be ideal for Atmos.  The sweet spot is between 8 and 12, depending on how far away from the screen you sit.  You may have better results with Era 300’s as surrounds because they fire up and almost directly down, but the effects from the Arc or Beam 2 would be lost.  

Thank you for this… Starting to sound like it would not be all that beneficial for me to upgrade the system in this room.