Answered

LG tv remote no longer controlling sonos volume

• 3 December 2023
  • 1 reply

My LG tv remote has just stopped being able to control my Sonos volume. I have tried setting up again through settings as advised through other posts. Have tried the Device Connect wizard too however Sonos doesn’t come up as a manufacturer to select. Have tried delinking and have tried setting up as a new remote. Signal goes to Playbar when tv is off (as light goes on) however doesn’t seem to register when tv is on. I just get a circle with a diagonal line through it when I press volume up or down or mute. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 4 December 2023, 14:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @dkdelzoppo, welcome to the Sonos Community!

If you haven’t, I would recommend checking out our article on TV remotes not being detected by Sonos and following the troubleshooting steps in there.

As you’re using a Playbar, you’ll need to make sure the LG TV remote is set to us IR signals, otherwise the Playbar wont pick it up. Another step would be to wipe down the IR sensor on the Playbar as it may be obstructed.

I hope this information helps!