Answered

LG OELD WebOS no audio ouput to Sonos Arc

• 23 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Hello,

I have a Sonos Arc and a LG WebOS OLED tv. Initial setup a few months ago was fine between the two but now they no longer work together. The LG recognizes that there is a cable plugged into the HDMI Port 2 (arc port) but no sound. Volume button shows the grey circle indicating there is no sound.

Message on Sonos APP : HDMI ARC not detected. Make sure the HDMI cable is connected to the ARC port and your TV is on.

Following are the steps which I already performed after reading lots of advice:

1. Reset factory settings of TV 
  2. Reboot and unplug source 
  3. Tried different HDMI Cables
  4. CEC/Simplink on LG is on.
  5. Sound option is connected to HDMI ARC and checked with all options (PCM, AUTO and Pass Through).
  6. eARC is turned off
  7. Checkec Arc port (HDMI 2 on side)
  8. Reset factory settings of SonoS

I’ve tried it all and am no further ahead. Help!!!

icon

Best answer by JCowper 26 October 2021, 14:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Try disconnecting everything from the TV, including the Arc, and unplug the Arc and TV from power for a couple of minutes. Plug them back in but keep everything disconnected. Make sure Simplink is enabled on the TV. Perform the TV Setup process, and when the app instructs you to, connect the Arc to the TV. When the Arc is successfully connected, connect your other devices to the TV.

Try disconnecting everything from the TV, including the Arc, and unplug the Arc and TV from power for a couple of minutes. Plug them back in but keep everything disconnected. Make sure Simplink is enabled on the TV. Perform the TV Setup process, and when the app instructs you to, connect the Arc to the TV. When the Arc is successfully connected, connect your other devices to the TV.

Yes, I had read this advice and followed is several times. When the app instructs to plug in the cable the TV recognizes is, but then when I try to test the connection on the app (the next step), it says it’s unsuccessful and takes me back to the instruction to plug in the cable. That’s the loop I’m stuck in. I have gone so far as to not just turn off the TV but do a factory re-set on it even. 

Will the Sonos Arc work okay, if you connect it to the TV’s Optical Port using the supplied adapter? I would perhaps try that, just to see if the Arc’s HDMI port and cable connection are working okay.

Will the Sonos Arc work okay, if you connect it to the TV’s Optical Port using the supplied adapter? I would perhaps try that, just to see if the Arc’s HDMI port and cable connection are working okay.

I have to try and find that cable - that’s a good suggestion thank you!

I also am trying to push a new update to the LG after speaking to their customer service so am hoping that might do it too.

Just in case anyone else comes across this in future and wants to know the resolution - after I pushed the update through the tv via usb I did the steps of removing ALL HDMI connections, unplugging both Sonos and TV for a few mins, then reinstalled the Sonos and this time it worked!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @JCowper 

Welcome to the Sonos Community, and thanks for updating the thread with your resolution!