Answered

LG CX stopped playing sound on the Arc

• 21 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Out of the blue, the sound from the LG OLED CX TV no longer gets played on the Arc.

I tried: unplugging the TV, the Arc, and the FireTV, and replugging them.

I also tried: enabling/disabling the eArc config in the TV settings and noticed that for a split second while I am doing that the sound plays and then stops.

I tried connecting a laptop instead of the fireTV, no audio came out of the speakers at all.

I tried different streaming services (Youtube, Netflix, Prime, etc.), the audio didn’t work for any of them.

I tried playing music on the Arc via the Sonos app and Spotify, and that works.

The issue started yesterday (Nov 19, 2022) - I’m wondering if there’s some new version of the software that got pushed to the speakers. My TV is offline (I block all internet traffic to/from it), so I’m pretty sure the software running on it did not get updated.

I’m stumped.

Anybody else is having a similar issue?

Sonos Arc: Arc de TV

Serial number: xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx (redacted)

Sonos OS: S2

Version: 14.19 (build 70335070)

Hardware Version: 1.27.1.8-1.1

Series ID: A100

IP Address: 192.168.xxx.xxxx

Audio In: 

WM: 1

icon

Best answer by Corry P 22 November 2022, 11:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ggs00 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

There is one other user reporting this issue, also with a LG TV:

Although you have tried power-cycling your TV, if you didn’t leave it unplugged for a full couple of minutes, I recommend trying this.

Please also try with no other devices connected to the TV - if this improves things, disable the CEC (usually power-related) functions on the FireStick and test long-term.

If you have another TV that you can test with, that would also help narrow the issue down, but I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports. Even if they are unable to resolve it immediately, it will at least get things documented.

I hope this helps.