Answered

LG C3 + ARC = atmos audio drops

• 5 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Hey there I am hoping this thread picks up a fix but having read so many others I’m not sure.

Firstly I have read similar threads to my issue but feels that its worth posting to see if this is a different issue.

I have just bought a LG OLED65C34LA and connected it to my 4yr old Sonos ARC, configured the sound to run bitstream, pass through and it works fine when not Atmos, but when Atmos the sound isn't stable, I get a drop every few seconds.

The issue is on native tv apps (Netflx, apple TV) and also when I connect my apple TV 3rd gen to the TV where its different with Apple is there is sound until I play Atmos content and then nothing.  Sky is similar with Atmos audio very unstable.

I have upgraded all HDMI Cables, I have reset and rebooted countless times on all devices. all software is up to date with LG releasing an update this week that has not resolved the issue.  Also connected devices at different stages to see if the order and pace is a factor and it isn't.

So any thoughts?  I am poised to take it back to Currys (UK) and they are already saying its a Sonos issue so that should be a fun experience, but I would sooner fix it at home.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to take a look at this post. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 5 March 2024, 20:09

View original

4 replies

Before you take the extra step to take it back to Currys, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Hey there Bruce,

thanks for the detail and the problem was with the TV, after a couple of hours back at currys they exchanged it and it’s all working fine. 

there are obviously some minor software issues with the LG models.

Mark

Glad you got it resolved, but sorry it was such a hassle. 

A quick tip if anyone reads this in the future, when you bring the tv back bring your soundbar as well, made it a lot easier to prove it was the tv.