LG 4K TV - Sonos Arc, The Tv keeps turning on by itself

• 20 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I just bought Sonos Arc and two Sonos One. I own the LG Tv lg65qned826qb. The TV keeps turning on on its own after 30 secs. I called the LG Customer Service and they claim it is a speaker’s issue. I tried disconnecting everything and reconnecting but the problem persists.

is there anything I could do apart from putting the cable on and off the Arc HDMI port? Any other trick?

thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Try this:

Disconnect everything from the TV and unplug the Arc and TV from power for a couple of minutes. Plug everything back in but keep everything disconnected. Make sure Simplink is enabled in the TV settings. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app and follow the app instructions. When the app instructs you, connect the Arc to the TV’s HDMI ARC port using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. After the Arc has been successfully connected, connect any other devices to the TV.

I have tried it. It worked out on first time but afterwards the problem came up again. I think that if you keep the TV open without playing sound, the speaker will go on standby and then you can shut down the TV. It is so frustrating.

Any other ideas / solutions?